Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Blogging isn't for wimps ;)

After my first mind boggling blog last night (I started too late and couldn't sleep thinking about what I should have wrote or not wrote and I could NOT turn my brain off :)) I have decided to be sure I blog early in the day. I'll have a fighting chance to make a desirable sensible read for you all. Often I over think projects, goals and decisions. You guessed it! I really am over thinking this blog. I have found out that my best writing or stories are the ones that I just didn't think about. Just share what was on my heart is a sure fire winner for me.
Today I decided I would ease into this blogging adventure writing on a subject that I know so well, enjoy,  and also LOVE sharing the joy that they bring me, my grandkids. They are a super easy-peasy subject for me. Smiling right now as I am typing....tapping my foot with the exciting thoughts that I have decided to share today about them. I have taken hundreds of pictures of Katy, Arden, and Nora which makes this an easy palette for me also.

Schools were closed for the 2nd day in a row because of the frigid temps and somewhat dangerous icy roads. This means for this Nana, that all three grandkids, Katy, Arden and Norabelle will be with me from the wee hours of the day till dinner time. Mama and daddy both working today so I truly am the willing and lucky candidate.  All three arrive via mommy on this bone chilling 2 degree morning which is actually warmer than yesterday morning! Little Norabelle dances through the door, wiggling, giggling with monkey sock hat on and oozing with hugs, kisses, a raging morning appetite for apples and a 5 star attitude.
Arden on the other hand, is not the happy Kermit frog that he is toting around on his head. Even though Kermit is smiling, underneath that hat is a very kwanky little boy. Ah ha! Nana has a plan to tame this boys kwankiness.
After a couple of pancakes cut pizza style, topped with whipped cream, a hug or two this little frog was hopping with energy and zeal. He was ready to take on just about any of the fun  this snow day has coming his way!
Katy is our junior weather meteorologist. Rumor has it that 3 years ago, during a torrid spring time thunderstorm our little Katy Beth had the pudding scared out of her by me! I honestly thought there was a tornado slamming into us and I yelled for Katy to come into the hallway. She and I were the only two in the house. We hunkered down as we watched literally trees bending from vertical to a horizontal angle and limbs flying by the window. To this day she is totally distrusting when she hears just a tender roll of thunder.
This morning I look into a very dim living room, and there sits a very happy/sad frog boy, I grab my camera, which is NEVER too far from me. I get my settings just right and snap the picture. The flash is bright and abrupt, like lightning. Katy comes running with a panicked look "Nana, did you see the lightning"???!!!! Best advice I have for my Tooters, is lets take some dancing lessons ;)
 Before 7:00 o'clock this morning I experienced a little bit of the sweet dispositions of each of my grandkids.  Nora's explosive happiness and joy is as contagious as the common cold. Arden's honest, real and "this is how I feel" attitude gets me every time. He just wants to be cuddled. Katy is observant, cautious and a matter of fact young lady. I'm a blessed Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment